Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Forgetful?

I am so forgetful, and it aint funny either. I'm the kind of person that need a PDA to keep track of each time I need to take a shit. Ok not quite, but you get the point. Only problem is I would forget to put it in my PDA if I had one, and plus they're more of a pain in the ass.

I have a Palm Zire 22, one of the cheapies. Seriously, I'm not spending $500 on a PDA that only serves the purpose of a calendar and contacts. Yeah they have the ones that flip pancakes and have built in wireless and so fourth, but then it's really not a PDA anymore, it's a "pocket" PC. Same as cell phones. If it has a built in web browser with wifi, and I can post to my blog from it, it's no longer a phone, it is a computer. Don't let Steve Jobs fool you, it's not a phone, it's a computer. Call it whatever you want to call it, it's a PC...it's not a Mac either. Mac's are PC's, just a different "fruit," if you will.

But getting back to the point. I work for a computer store, I had a delivery, and the new computer comes with speakers which I got a phone call from my boss telling me hey we forgot speakers and just tell them to pick them up at their convenience. Yeah that part wasn't me. So I get there, set up the computer, answer their questions, and finally tell them oops we forgot your speakers, so I give them the choice to pick them up or I could drop them off on way home from work, and naturally they choose to have me drop them off on my home, that way they don't have to worry about tearing into the nest of wires to hook them up. Well I forgot to drop them off. Well ending up having a little meeting this evening and it finally dawned on me oops I forogt again, so that's two on us, and then I didn't remember thier phone number, so I looked it up and after 10 minutes of trying to remember the correct spelling of thier last name I got thier number and called them. The good thing though these people are very friendly and easy to deal with thankfully, I can certianly name off a few that would either be upset because I called after 7pm, or just be upset because they didn't get thier speakers. Speakers really aren't a big deal, satisfying the customer is a big deal, thats why the little things are the big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment